Volume 3, Issue 2
L. G. Matveeva — Southern Federal University (Rostov-on-Don,
O. A. Chernova — Southern Federal University (Rostov-on-Don,
Modernization of the Russian national economy depends on small businesses and their involvement in capitalization of the territorial potential. This article discusses methods, models, and mechanisms of territorial capitalization based on incorporation of small business enterprises into clusters along with medium- and large businesses. We propose an optimization model for assessing the efficiency of such clusters: our research has shown that this model can be applied for decision-making in regional strategic planning. Methodologically, this study relies on the theories of industrial development and economic growth, the industrial cluster theory, and the works of Russian and international researchers on mechanisms of management of territorial potential, their establishment and implementation. Capitalization of the region’s resource potential manifests itself in the form of static and dynamic effects. We developed models of interaction between small and other businesses and structures within a cluster oriented towards territorial capitalization. We demonstrated that incorporation of a university into a cluster structure increases the innovative capacity of all cluster members. This research may be further expanded to study the mechanisms of involving small businesses operating in peripheral areas into clusters.
Keywords: territorial potential, incorporation, small business, innovative development, regional cluster, business integration, capitalization, cluster modelling
- Marks, K. (1874). Kritika politicheskoj jekonomii: process obrashhenija kapitala. [A critique of political economy: process of circulation of capital]. Moscow: Politizdat, 650.
- Qian, H & Haynes, K. (2014). Beyond innovation: the Small Business Innovation Research program as entrepreneurship policy. The Journal of Technology Transfer, 4, 524-543.
- Sahut, J.-M. & Peris-Ortiz, M. (2014). Small business, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Small Business Economics, 4, 663-558.
- MacGregor, R. & Vrazalic L. (2007). Small business clusters and their role in prioritising barriers to e-commerce adoption: a study of two approaches to cluster development. J. of Electronic Marketing and Retailing, 3, 236-259.
- Rozhkov, Ju.V. & Chjornaja, I.P. (2009). Kapitalizacija v sisteme celej innovacionnogo razvitija regiona. [Capitalization in the system of objectives of innovative development of the region]. [Innovation], 6, 82-88.
- Kolesnikov, Ju.S. (2012). Razvitie institutov kapitalizacii territorial’nyh resursov – kljuchevaja strategija modernizacii jekonomiki Severnogo Kavkaza. [The development of institutions of capitalization of territorial resources is a key strategy of economic modernization of the North Caucasus]. Nacional’nye interesy: prioritety i bezopasnost’. [National interests: priorities and security], 10, 3-10.
- Vukotić, S., Aničić, J. & Laketa, M. (2013). Clusters as a Part of Improvement Function of Serbian Economy Real Sector Competitiveness. The Аmfiteatru economic journal, 33, 224-245.
- Marshall, A. (1993). Principy jekonomicheskoj teorii. [Principles of economic theory]. Moscow: Progress, 225.
- Perroux, F. (1961). L’économie du XX siécle, Paris, 167.
- Ivanov, A.V., Matveeva, L.G. & Chernova, O.A. (2013). Kapitalizacija resursov promyshlennogo predprijatija v sostave klastera v strategijah innovacionnogo razvitija. [Capitalization of resources of an industrial enterprise in the cluster in strategies of innovation development]. Inzhenernyj vestnik Dona [Engineering journal of Don], Retrieved from http://www.ivdon.ru/magazine/archive/n4y2013/2211
- Dmitrieva, O. A. (2012). Klastery — odin iz putej razvitija malogo biznesa. [Clusters — one of the ways of development of small business]. Jekonomicheskij zhurnal. [The Economic journal], 27, 50-58.
- Piperopoulos, P. & Scase, R. (2009). Competitiveness of small and medium sized enterprises: towards a two dimensional model of innovation and business clusters. J. of Business Innovation and Research, 5, 479-499.
- Turgel’, I.D. & Snedkova, V.S. (2010). Osobennosti i problemy razvitija malogo biznesa v gorodah s razlichnymi tipami funkcional’noj specializacii. [Features and problems of development of small business in cities with different types of functional specialization]. Regional’naja jekonomika: teorija i praktika. [Regional economy: theory and practice], 9, 47-56.
- Nikitaeva, A.Ju. (2007). Teorija i praktika upravlenija vzaimodejstviem gosudarstva i biznesa: regional’nyj aspekt. [Theory and practice of management interaction between the state and business: regional aspect]. Rostov n/D, 352.
- Shafronov, A. (2006). Ocenka jeffektivnosti i potenciala sel’skohozjajstvennogo predprijatija. [Evaluation of the effectiveness and potential of agricultural enterprises]. APK: jekonomika, upravlenie. [APK: economy, management], 2, 63-66