Doctor of Economics, Professor of the Ural Federal University named after the First President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin
Research interests: Regional and city economy, Development of industrial territories, Local government, Assessment of regulatory impact
19, Mira St., Ekaterinburg, 620002, Russian Federation
Main research projects
1. Council of Europe, Project № 80002352, 2009, Report by OSI/LGI to the Council of Europe «The impact of economic downturn on local government: what is happening and what can we done about it?»), participant.
2. Federal Education Agency, project № 14.741.11.0028, 2010-2011, «Theory and methodology of researching the cycles of economic and spatial development: regional and local levels», project leader.
3. Russian Humanitarian Research Foundation , project № 11-12-66012г/У, 2011-2012, «Spatial systems of Urals monotowns: development priorities», project leader.
4. Russian Humanitarian Research Foundation , project № 14-12-66016 а/У, 2014-2015, «Spatial shifts in the region economy (by the example of Middle Urals), project leader.
5. Russian Humanitarian Research Foundation , project № 17-22-07001, 2017-2019, “Cultural Regeneration of Minor Industrial cities (Russian and European Context)”, participant.
1. Council of Europe, 2011, International Conference «Crisis and Recovery: Bringing Solutions in Partnership», grant № CEAD 27006; PO 331950; DGDAP.2011/091, France
2. The Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe. Participation at the annual conferences (2008, 2009, 2010), Montenegro, Slovak republic, Poland
3. Harbin University of Commerce. Participation at the annual conferences of North-East Asia Academic Forum (2013, 2015), Harbin
4. Chinese Institute of International Studies. Participation at the conference devoted to 15th anniversary of the signing of the «Treaty on Good-Neighborliness, Friendship and Cooperation between the People’s Republic of China and the Russian Federation», 2016, Beijing
Visiting fellow, Institute for Regional Geography, Leipzig, 2016
2017- Professor, Chair of Economic Theory, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg
2016- Deputy Director for Research, Graduate School of Economics and Management. Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg
2006-2016 Vice-Rector for Research, Ural Academy of Public Administration (after 2010 – Ural institute of Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration), Yekaterinburg
2002-2016 Head of the Chair of Economics and Management, Ural Academy of Public Administration (after 2010 – Ural institute of Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration), Yekaterinburg.
1996-2002 Head of the Economic Faculty,Ural Humanities Institute, Yekaterinburg.
Regional Economy and Government, Strategy of Urban Areas Development, Regulatory Impact Assessment, Labour Market
Regional Economics, Urban Economics, Public Administration.
Last Published Works
Turgel I.D. Russian company-towns: from surviving to development. 2010. 520 p.
Turgel I.D. Large industrial cities of Russia: old problems and new challenges. Metropolitan CEE. Big cities, capitals and city-regions in Central and Eastern Europe, published by NISPACEE press. Slovakia. 2010. P.193-210.
Turgel I.D., Kuritseva Y.Y. The long-term effects of the restructuring of the town-forming coal mining enterprises (the example of the municipal districts of Perm krai). Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu. 2013. V3. P. 150-157.
Turgel I.D., Stimulation of monotowns development in Russian old-industrial regions. The proceedings of North-East Asia International Forum, December, 2013- Harbin: publ. by Harbin University of Commerce, 2013.-456 P. P.50-53.
Turgel I.D. Vejbert S.I. ECONOMIC ANTI-CORRUPTION MEASURES: FOREIGN EXPERIENCE. Actual Problems of Economics. 2014. №9. P.133-140.
Turgel I.D., Large industrial cities of Russia: trends and problems of modern development. 312 p. — p. 99-104. The proceedings of North-East Asia International Forum, December 2014-Harbin: publ. by Harbin University of Commerce, 2014.-312 p. P.99-104.
Turgel I., Russian urban settlement system: between shrinkage and growth. The proceedings of North-East Asia International Forum, December 2015-Harbin: publ. by Harbin University of Commerce, 2015.-300 P. P.20-26.
Turgel I., Bozhko l., Xy L. State support of monotowns of Russia and Kazakhstan: experience, problems, prospects. Bulletin of the Financial University. 2016. №2. P.22-33
Turgel I., Bozhko L., Leskova L. State support of monotowns in Russia and Kazakhstan: experience and problems. Energy procedia «International scientific conference “Environmental and Climate Technologies, conect 2015» . 2016. P. 559-563.