Volume 3, Issue 3
Zhang, X. — Institute of Northeast Asian Studies, Heilongjiang Provincial Academy of Social Sciences (Harbin, China)
Zhang, S. — Institute of Northeast Asian Studies, Heilongjiang Provincial Academy of Social Sciences (Harbin, China)
The China-Mongolia-Russia Economic Corridor is in line with the common interests of the three countries in economic development, and has been accelerated since its proposal. To strengthen environmental protection cooperation is one of the key cooperation areas in “Program Planning for the Construction of China-Mongolia-Russia Economic Corridor”, it accords with the direction for green “the Belt and Road” initiative development. These conditions determined the relevance and practical significance of the research. The authors justify why is it important to include Mongolia in the project «One Belt-One Road» and systematize the factors that determine the need to strengthen economic cooperation between Russia, China and Mongolia. Special attention is paid to the analysis of problems of environmental protection, improving the environmental situation in the regions of Russia, China and Mongolia, which are actively involved in the process of creating the Economic Corridor. Taking into account the identified factors, priority directions of tripartite cooperation in the sphere of environmental protection are formulated. This research provide the assessment of decisions in the sphere of state environmental policy of the three countries in terms of their accordance with the goals and priorities of the Economic Corridor and the long-term interests of each country. Also authors proposed some recommendations for improving the state environmental policy, taking into account the interests of the regions involved in the project of the Economic Corridor. In conclusion, it is noted that in the future within the framework of trilateral cooperation, the need for cooperation of the three countries in the use of water resources becomes particularly important. This issue will be the subject of further research.
Keywords: China-Mongolia-Russia Economic Corridor, economic cooperation, economic development, water resources, environmental protection.
- Minakir, P.A. (2017). V poiskah prostranstvennoj garmonizacii [Looking for spatial harmonization]. Spatial economics [Prostranstvennaya ekonomika], 2
- Uyanaev S. V. (2016). Rossiya-Mongoliya-Kitaj: aktivizaciya trekhstoronnego sblizheniya (Itogi Vtorogo foruma Associacii ekspertnyh centrov RF, Mongolii i KNR) [Russia-Mongolia-China: activation of tripartite rapprochement (Results of the Second Forum of the Association of Expert Centers of the Russian Federation, Mongolia and China)]. Problemy Dal’nego Vostoka [Problems of the Far East], (6), 30-35.
- Li T. & Yu X. (2014). Promoting China-Mongolia Infrastructure Interconncetion, Build New Silk Road Economic Belt. Northeast Asia Forum, 2
- Li, J. (2014). On the Layout of the China-Russia-Mongolia Trilateral Cooperation. World Knowledge, 19.
- Ostrovsky, A. V. (2017). Opornye goroda — vazhnaya sostavnaya chast’ iniciativy «odin poyas — odin put’» [Bearing cities as important components of the initiative «One belt — one road»]. Федерализм [Federalism]. 2017. № 2 (86), 79-86.
- Gonchigsumlaa, U., & Mi, J. (2017). One belt and one road initiative: China-Mongolia-Russia economic corridor. Rossiya i Kitaj: vektor razvitiya [Russia and China: the vector of development], 263.
- Mozias, P. M. (2011). Ekonomicheskoe vzaimodejstvie Rossii i Kitaya: ot dvustoronnego formata k regional’nomu [Economic cooperation of Russia and China from the bilateral format to the regional]. Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya [World Economy and International Relations], (11), 43-48.
- Pogodin, S. N. & Li C. (2017). Evrazijskij ekonomicheskij soyuz i kitajskij proekt «Odin poyas i odin put’» [The Eurasian Economic Union and the Chinese project «One Belt and One Road»]. Evrazijskij yuridicheskij zhurnal [Eurasian Law Journal], (4), 15-17.
- Wang, H. L., & Chen, J. C. (2009). Economic Analysis on Government Support and Development of Forest Insurance in China. On Economic Problems, 10, 028.
- Yan, S. (2009). Countermeasures of Forestry Insurance in Collective Forest Region of Southern China. Beijing Forestry University.
- Zhang, C. (2012). Perfecting the Policy of Forest Insurance System. Beijing Forestry University.
- Ambassador Xing Haiming’s Address on Large Chinese Enterprises in Mongolia Practicing “the Belt and Road” Forum, [EB/OL] (2015, December 12). Retrieved from http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/ce/cemn/chn/gdxw/t1323669.htm
- Xu, S. (2002) China-Northeast Asian Countries Environmental Cooperation: Analysis and Evaluation. Northeast Asian Forum, 1
- Lv, G., Hao L. (2005, July 1). China and Mongolia Working Together to Prevent the Sources of Sandstorms. Reference News.
- Zhang, X. (2017). Chinese Capitalism and the Maritime Silk Road: A World-Systems Perspective. Geopolitics, 22(2), 310-331.